Wednesday, January 12, 2011

wrap party

After taking off a few weeks to reflect (amongst other things), I'd thought I'd better give my ruminations on the course.

I've been exposed to nearly all the concepts/services/things in some way before the course, and already use several for the library service: blogger, flickr, twitter, facebook, librarything, RSS feeds. A few of us here had been discussing the idea of recording and podcasting  library events for a while,  so seeing week #9-  podcasting  approaching, as well  a timely presentation on family history, gave us the final motivation to get the first Cockburn Library podcast online.

So even though the concepts weren't new, it was still interesting doing the lessons as there are always things to learn and other ideas to consider, and examples of how others are using these things which give you ways to improve your own, and your library's, use. It has also been interesting reading other people's blog posts as they progressed through the course.

It's great that Melissa and Mark @ Swan lets us barge in on their course, I know it's been a lot of hard work for them.


For those interested, Gnome Chomsky appears to have made his way from the City of Swan to our nation's capital.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing and thankyou for all your hard work, support and general good humour that you provided for the rest of us. (read this as fielding all those questions such as "How many comments have I still got to do????")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that Gnome sure gets around! Congrats on finishing, now how many comments do I still need to do? (2 down, 21 to go)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thanks for putting up with everyone's complaints/ questions. Great effort to everyone involved. PS when do I get my Ipad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a wrap party is called for!

    ReplyDelete